Sunday, November 16, 2014

Prompt # 61 - Success

Prompt # 61 - Success

To me, success means happiness. I wrote about it as a first assignment for Mr. Murray in Grade Nine and got a poor mark for an uninspired / uninspiring response. Now fifty years later, I still feel the same. You know that old joke. What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this? Answer: Just lucky, I guess. In other words, happiness is simply choosing to look at things in a positive way.

I consider myself to be successful because I have the luxury of living where I choose and doing what I want. I spend my hours each day doing only what I want - writing, creating, reading, socializing. If I wanted a different kind of life, I would act to get what I want. I live in my dream house, in one of the most beautiful spots in the world. Surrounded by a symphony of flowers. To me, flowers = happiness = success.





No comments:

Post a Comment